LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

perumal   18 July 2019

Equal share on father property for daughter

Hi All, I am looking for legal advice on behalf of my mother, Can daughters have equal rights on their father property. Kindly note my moms father has passed away last year has has left no will. My moms brother has refused to give the aadhar card to apply for legal heir certificate saying we are not interested to share the agriculture land with daughters. The agriculture land is located in dindigul Tamil Nadu. Need some advice and lawyer contact to over come from this problem. Regard Perumal

Learning

5 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     18 July 2019

Perumal!

As per Hindu Succession Act, Daughters are also eligible for equal share in the property of the parents alognwith Sons.

Hence, your mother has a right to claim her share in her father property.

I have my associate lawyer in Chennai. If you wish to get his contact details you may call on 9324538481.

karnish gupta   18 July 2019

daughters have equal rights in the property of father in the absence of a will as she is legal hier and will be called in call one legal hier

perumal   18 July 2019

I am looking for a good lawyer near by dindigul, batlagundu in Tamil Nadu

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 July 2019

The Married daughter have equal right in the parental property after the advent of amendment in Hindu Succession Act 1956, that came into force since 9th sept 2005.

The Hindu Succession Act, 1956, originally didn't give daughters equal rights to ancestral property. This disparity was removed by an amendment that came into force on September 9, 2005.

Shashi Dhara   18 July 2019

If she goes to court for partition let she go it takes 25yrsto take possession and title over the property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register