LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aparajita   11 July 2019

How do i withdraw/drop charges of rape?

3 years ago, I had filed a case against my ex-boyfriend for developing intimate relations on the basis of promise of marriage. Initially I didn't want to add IPC 376 as I was hesitant, so the police had only added section 354 to the FIR. The accused and his family had filed for quashing in the HC which got dismissed in 2018. The case then went to district court. I was advised to add section 376 if I wanted to keep the case going. Confused, I agreed to do that. I also gave my statement to the police. 

Now one year later I have decided I don't want to continue this case anymore as it is causing immense mental stress to me. The status of the case is that the "argument on charge" is going on to decide whether or not IPC 376 is made out. The chargesheet has been filed but I believe the section has not yet been added as the argument is still going on. What can I do right now? Can I submit an affidavit dropping the charges? Please advice.

Learning

1 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     13 July 2019

You need to apply before the High Court for withdrawal of the Complaint. The Court might levy some monetary penalty upon you for using police machinery which you need to pay.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Regards

Adv. Rohit Dalmia

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register