LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manojabcde (engineer)     09 July 2019

How to get tenant evicted

My tenant requested to get signed rental agreement with condition of being renewed every year for ONE  residential room in residential house to get his distributorship of medicines four years back. He kept original copy of agreement for sending to the company and I have xerox copy. 

He never renewed agreement nor I insisted for renewal as I was not knowing risk of long stay of tenant.

Since then he has been paying very very delayed payments outstanding rent being about one year. On asking to evict, he claims that this room has been hired by my company not me.

At present , outstanding rent is of 13 months and every time , he says that when he will get salary from company , he will pays one month rent after spending two to three months.

So how to get him evicted.

Learning

3 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     09 July 2019

You have sufficient grounds to secure a degree for eviction from the competent authority.
1 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     10 July 2019

He can be evicted, provided you approach the rent controller of your location.

manojabcde (engineer)     10 July 2019

Please suggest in brief grounds as in the agreement, No term "leave and license"have been used . On the  contrary, word rental agreement in Hindi have been used. So Please suggest wording will not badly affect my case for eviction

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register