LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prahalad Singh   08 July 2019

How to save myself from dowry case?

It has been 5 months when I got married. I stay with my wife for 10 days as I m working in another city. Everything was running ok for 2 months after marriage and as per the Hindu custom, I send my wife to her parent's house for 15 days. I told her that I will come on Holi to receive you.

The real story begins here. As per the Hind custom, the groom has to visit in-laws home for the first time to bring her wife but for that in-laws family (my wife's parents) has to discuss with the groom's parents and asked them to send their son. In my case, I didn't get an invitation from them so my relatives and neighbours told me that this is your first visit in-laws house, so it is their responsibility to invite you. if not then your parents will go there and bring her back.

They called me late evening on Holi that why didn't I visited there to receive her daughter. I simply asked, "did you invite me?"

They simply say sorry for that. Later they discussed with my parents and asked them to come and bring her (my wife) back. My parents went there but they simply deny and said we will not hand over (Vidai) my daughter to you until the groom (me) come and receive her personally. My parents had argued with them asking why did you ask us to come and bring her back. They didn't send her and my parents have to return empty-handed.

After a week, day again started a conversation with my parents and said that send anyone to come from your family member, we will send (Vidai) her with them. This time my elder sister and her husband went to get her back. But this time, my wife's elder sister and her husband raised an objection and said that it is against the Hindu custom and we are not going to "Vidai". My sister gets angry and told them that why are you making this small issue into a big issue? How many time you will change your words? What is in your mind tell us clearly? Think from your sister site, they have to live with my brother at the end but you making the things worst. We came twice because you people have asked us to come. Why don't you set your mind first or discuss within your family before calling us twice? Sometimes your parents and some time you are denying for Vidai".

After Holi, I came back to my workplace. Later my family informed me that we went twice to your in-law's house but they are playing with our emotions and denying after reaching there. Even I get annoyed and directly talk to my wife and we have argued for a long time and used words like the dishonest, fake, and cheap person for her father. This was my last conversation with her. We didn't talk to each other for almost 2 months. Later my friends and family asked me to at least make conversation with her. You both shouldn't stop conversation with each other. I tried for almost two weeks but she is not taking my calls seriously and denying my call saying I am busy always. My family is scared that they might file a case of dowry as it is happening these days. What is the solution?

Learning

2 Replies

Prahalad Singh   08 July 2019

Aapko kya lagta hai ki maine try nahi kiya....Agar wo or uska family ready hi nahi hai baat krne ke liye ya bhejne ke liye to koi kya kare. Humne bahot nivhe girkar koshish kiya. Main vi educated hoo or mujhe vi pta hai ki small-2 issue pe koi relation khatm nahi krta. Mere parents ne 5 times try kiya but koi result nahi nikla. Uska kehna hai ki jo mere baap ka insult kar sakta hai wo mujhe naye jagah pe lejakar maar-pit kiya to mujhe kaun bacheyga. Ab aap hi btao koi educated person aisa krta hai kya? Jo time hume khoosi-2 spend krna chaiye tha hum legal advise ke chakkar me pade hue hai....kisi ko vi bura lag sakta hai ki uska parents baar-2 try kar raha hai or ladki wale ke yanha se koi answers nahi mil raha hai...

Saeed Rahim Sayyed   09 July 2019

try to mediate your issue through yourself and your parent early because if more time gone then there is possibility of n number of cases in the hands of police. if they denied to send her with u then immediately send restitution notice . if she came then ok and if not then file restitution of conjugal rights petition in the court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register