LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anu007   18 June 2019

Money needs to be recovered

Ever since my ICICI account was opened i never ever received any sms (transaction alert ) on my registerd mobile no. This resulted in fraud on my a/c. Money got debitted and I came to know only when i went thru the bank statements. Bank kept charging me for the sms alerts on quarterly basis. 
However, on 4th May'19 I did online transaction by transferring 10k ro my sister's a/c. both ways transaction was done ie, debit as well as credit, but I did not receive the sms for neither of the one. I confirmed whether my no. is registerd for receiving sms, but failed to understand how can you charge for the services and still not send the sms alerts.
The total amount for which fraud took place is 81,700/-
How shall I ableto recover this as from the total 6 transactions, 3 happened in the year 2017 and 3 in 2018.
We have sent complaint to bank with necessary documents but they are not saying anything about 2017 year fraud, rather speaking about 2018 money fraud.
Kindly help as the amount withdrawn in 2017 in quite big than 2018.

Learning

5 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     18 June 2019

Complain to Banking Ombudsman of concern jurisdiction

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 June 2019

First check the date from which your account was debited with SMS alerts.

Unless you inform the nature of fraud and as to how it took place, it is difficult to fix up responsibility.

There may be negligence on your part also.  Please write to the Bank on line complaint, get their written response and then decide.

Before filing complaint to Banking Ombudsman, complaint to Bank is mandatory.

Shashi Dhara   19 June 2019

Go to consumer form or civil court for damages.if u go to court it may take time but u get justice .

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     19 June 2019

It is better you file consumer complaint in consumer form. Consumer forum may direct bank to refund your money and also give conpensation as per merits of the case. 

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     23 December 2019

Complain to Police cyber cell and also to Banking Ombudsman 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register