LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saleem cazenove   18 June 2019

Private security service (bodyguard)

As a private bodyguard, what limitations does the law place on me in terms of what I can and cannot do when protecting my client? Be interesting to know the do's and dont's in accordance with the indian legal system.

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 June 2019

Concerned labour department in your state will be provided information relating to rules & regulations of security services in the area. Please consult labour departmnt office. 

1 Like

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     18 June 2019

According to my opinion your job as a private body guard is to protect the person who has engaged you. As a body guard your role is very limited to safeguard the interest of the person who enaged you. You are bound by the Sec 96 of IPC right to private Defence only.

1 Like

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     18 June 2019

There is no rule or law to engage body guards. It has become fashion nowa days for business man, cine actors/celebrities, pubs to engage body guards.The recent name for a bodyguard is Bouncer., if I am correct Yesterday incident happended in Hyderabad.. The body guards/Bouncers bet 3 customers severally on some bill issue in a PUB. They were arrested and sent to jail.

1 Like

saleem cazenove   18 June 2019

Thank you all for your replies - most interesting in terms of standards, hence my interest in this area.  Bouncers and Bodyguards in my professional opinion are 2 separate occupations, even then just by calling oneself a bodyguard without qualification or accreditation does not do the occupation justice (currently)

If anyone wishes to connect with me, please feel free to do so as I have ideas that need to materialise with the correct legal minds.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register