LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bala   16 June 2019

Removal of name in legal heir certificate

Hi, After my father passed away, we got the legal heir certificate under my mother,sister and my name. Last year my sister passed away. Now me and my mother need to sell a property and we have to remove my sister name from it. KIndly guide on how to do that.

Learning

8 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 June 2019

No one can delete Legal heir from the certificate.  Your sister is a legal heir for your father's property.  If she is not living, that share should go to her legal heirs.

Bala   17 June 2019

Sir,

She was not married. Its just me and my mother in the family now.

Bala   17 June 2019

How does it work now, a new legal heir has to be made or we have to provide my sister's death certificate.

There can be no change in the present legal heir certificate.

You have to provide an original death certificate and take another legal heir certificate in the name of your deceased sister from competent authority.

Bala   17 June 2019

Thank you, so which means the existing legal heir that I have is not valid anymore? she didnt own any property in her name, still need to take a separate legal heir for her name?

She may not have acquired property on her own, but she has certainly inherited some property in her name and that should belong to her legal heirs alone.

Shashi Dhara   17 June 2019

It is valid but Ur sisters share is inherited by both of u.

Shashi Dhara   17 June 2019

Thru another legal heir certificate .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register