LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pankaj Kumar   14 June 2019

Consequences in government job by ex-wife

I'm 27 Years old living in Delhi originally belongs to bareilly. I got married in the year 2010 when I was 17 years Old. Right after wedding I shifted to Delhi with my wife, We started getting issues in the marriage and she went to her father's home after 2 months, Since then she is living in her dad's home only. We have one kid who was born in her parent's house and living with her.  I filled the divorce petition in 2011 and fought the case till 2018 but got no success and I left going to court which was resulted in rejection of petition. In the middle of this I got married again in 2014 and living with my wife in New Delhi. My ex-wife still didn't get marry and living with her parents. We have no contacts since 2010.
Now the question is:
1. I got selected in government job (A group), How my old marriage will affect my joining and what consequences I can face?
2. Can I file divorce petition again and what's the success ratio to get  the divorce?
3. How can I save my job, will she still claim nominee for any government's benefits?

Learning

3 Replies

Originally posted by : OM PRAKASH
So, you married another woman, when your divorce filed against your first wife was not approved by the court. Dear Pankaj Kumar, you still consider yourself eligible for the Govt. job? You are truly a adventurist.

For the government job the eligibility was merit, not the divorce. My Ex-wife is adamant to not give divorce because she is getting revenue from my Land held by her parents. Any suggession for the questions asked ?

So you have suppressed the information also from the government department? May be you are overconfident, because neither your first wife, nor the second wife and their brother, sister, mother, father aren't aware of your such adventurism. Dear Pankaj Kumar, it is a crime.

Dear OM Prakash I did not join yet, I appeared in the exam because i did not find any clarification or rule regarding this in the notification itself. And everyone aware that I got married again without having divorce from ex-wife ( it doesn't matter for my ex-wife as long as they get money from me). It is not adventure, having family issues cannot restrict anyone from career growth. I posted this question here to get some expert advice and get myself out of trouble. If I feel that there is no major issue in the joining I will opt it otherwise will go further for exapanding my current business.

Pankaj Kumar   15 June 2019

पंकज कुमार, आपने धारा 494 अाई पी सी के अन्तर्गत सात वर्ष के कठोर कारावास का संज्ञेय अपराध किया है। भविष्य का आकलन कोई भी नहीं कर सकता। परिस्थितियां कब और कैसे बदल जाएं, यह कह पाना अतिशयोक्ति होगा। निर्णय आपको लेना है।

Is the first marriage still valid because i was minor at the time of wedding (voidable under section 2, Prohibition of child marriage act 2006). The second ground is, it was sapinda marriage which is also voidable under hindu marriage act 1956.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register