LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aditya Thakkar   27 May 2019

Society terrace access. denied

Hi, I am from a redeveloped society in Mumbai. Till about a month ago the terrace was open to all. Now suddenly the terrace has been closed. I asked for the keys to do my regular yoga. But I was denied. Then I showed the legal terms that we can't be denied. They accepted but they have now strategically decided a general body meeting and there were very few members present and a majority decision was taken to not give access to anyone but only for emergency reason. And the spare keys have been kept with some person who doesn't hold any position in the society. he is just a "Chamcha" but he being a committee member is being given as a reason.
So our argument was to keep the keys with the Watchman as not everyone will be present at all times in their homes but watchman is supposed to be there always. Even that is being denied. And access to the terrace is also being denied.
We have given the argument that it's a common property but they tell that it's 🐝 decided in the So called General body meeting.
We want to give access to all the members and let watchman have the keys and also a register for maintaining the records of who used the terrace. What should we do? Should we go to the Registrar ?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register