LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishna   27 May 2019

False witness , signature on a old will

My grandfather's has written a will 10 years ago and did not have witness signature on it , recently my uncles have arranged the witness to sign , as per their convince,it is a fraudulent thing,my grandfather expired before 9 years.will it be proved in the court that it is a fradulent signature? Will the witnesses and my uncles be punished ? Please help

Learning

7 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     27 May 2019

Will when brought for probation in Civil court, can be challenged and the witnesses proved as fake and false. Challenge the Will and get it proved as fake.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     27 May 2019

Will when brought for probation in Civil court, can be challenged and the witnesses proved as fake and false. Challenge the Will and get it proved as fake.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 May 2019

This is the query: My grandfather's has written a will 10 years ago and did not have witness signature on it , recently my uncles have arranged the witness to sign , as per their convince,it is a fraudulent thing,my grandfather expired before 9 years.will it be proved in the court that it is a fradulent signature? Will the witnesses and my uncles be punished

"Recently my uncles have arranged the witness to sign , as per their convince,it is a fraudulent thing,

will it be proved in the court that it is a fradulent signature?

A will without signatures of witness is not valid.  If any signatures are obtained after execution of a will, this may be established through forensic evidence and the experts can give an opinion as to the age of the ink that was used, etc.  Though it may be difficult, there is a possibility to prove that will is not valid. Signatures are not fraudulent but fraud has been played for making invalid document as valid document.

Will the witnesses and my uncles be punished

Members can not state on future thing. It all depends on the establishment of fraud and making a criminal complaint and investigation report of police or establishment of fraud. The bad intentions if any by such persons to deprive others any benefit etc. play a part.

Krishna   27 May 2019

Thanks everyone, The will is being full of skraches and even a page has been skrached. It was written in a note book.

Krishna   27 May 2019

As per the sources the witness signatures has been signed 2 months ago.

Krishna   27 May 2019

@ Om prakash, my grandfather had written the condition will days before he passed away, but the will is been destroyed by my uncles ,now they are taking advantage of old will, by arranging fake witness,sir if u are a law practioner, pls give ur contact number it will be helpful for me.

JASWANT VIJAY AGNIHOTRI (AIR ARMY)     29 May 2019

i have a same matter as your is....message me your mobile number with name on my email id sarkariduty@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register