Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akash Singh (service)     18 May 2019

Query on dishonourment of agreement by certification authori

Hi

I require advice regarding an issue i am facing with a certification company. I had applied to give an examination for a technical certification required professionally. I had scheduled this examination on 30th March 2019 and the cost of this examination was Rs 50000, which was to be borne by my company. The certification company is an american organization which conducts examination in India as well. When i reached the examination centre i got to know that the examination was cancelled due to a technical issue. However i was not informed about it via call, they had sent an email stating the same, but i dont think email is a vlalid way of information. . Now my own company would have reimbursed me this amount if i had cleared this examination by end of the Financial year (2018-19) i.e. by 31st march 2019. Since i could not clear within the time frame i am not getting reimbursed. Now the certification company refused to refund the amount and is asking to take the exam on a different date. Now i want to know if i can register a case against them in consumer court as this is an american company. Also under what sections are they liable to be sued. SHould they have niot informed me by calling me and taken my acknowledgement that i am aware of the cancellation. 

What are my legal options. Please suggest. Thank you

Learning

1 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 May 2019

Filing a consumer case costs nothing (no court fee) and you can make your own complaint and submissions.  The case is simple.  Just fight it out without looking for precedents and maybe your case becomes a precedent to others.  (However just read the application forum rules and regulations once again, as to whether there was a specific stipulation on E mail communication and on the postponement of examinations)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register