LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amrit   13 May 2019

locker issue

I have a joint locker with my husband mother in law 2 years ago for dowry purpose my husband threw me out of the house taking all my jewelry then I filled court cases against him and his family now as the locker has my name I want to know that how can I stop him from operating the locker does I have that right.... plz answer my question

Learning

6 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     13 May 2019

The key to the locker is with whom? with you or with your Husband and Family.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 May 2019

Issue a Registered notice to Banker not to allow any operations in the joint account and inform that the key was stolen.  Wait for the response.

Amrit   13 May 2019

The keys are with husband

Amrit   13 May 2019

what type of notice I can't understand

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     13 May 2019

Notice stating that you are the joint holder and your interests may be jeopardised if the locker is allowed to be operated in your absence.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 May 2019

The bank will only allow the locker holder to operate the locker. Mere possession of the key will not allow access to the locker.

A locker is opened by using two keys-

• One that is in the custody of the customer and
  • Another one that is in the custody of the banker.

The locker will open only when both of these keys are used together. So a banker accompanies the customer to the locker room, puts in his keys along with the customers’ and opens the locker. Then he takes his key and leaves the room.

The locker can be closed by the single key only- which is in the possession of the customer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register