LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandeep   13 May 2019

Land ownership

For emergency purpose, my father had kept his land documents(originals) in a bank to avail loan. I'm(son) the one who is repaying the amount to the bank monthly wise as I being a salaried person.

Few months ago, my father passed away. So my question is what are the legal procedures to get land ownership certificate under my name? And how much does it cost to get one.

Please help me out here and if you are giving any examples - plz consider kerala as example since this land is in kerala

Learning

7 Replies

Shashi Dhara   13 May 2019

U,Ur mother sister,brother will become legal heirs if it is self acquired property .all of u jointly give requisition to change khata to urs name jointly..after changing khata them inform it to bank and clear loan as usual.
1 Like

sandeep   13 May 2019

Thank you Shashi Dhara for the information.

Could you please also let me know -

how much does it cost to do above procedure?

how much time does it take?

should my mother, sister and brother be present while doing this? (presently we live in bangalore but land is in kerala) 

should i connect any lawyer for this or approaching near by office is enough?

Thanks in advance!

sandeep   13 May 2019

also, should i ask for original documents from the bank for changing land ownership certificate name ?

and what are the papers that needs to be submitted in the office while doing so?

Until loan is cleared bank doesn't handover the documents to u. To change khata for deceased lrsdoesn't cost much.it is procedure which the title passes to legal successors. So u contact concerned authorities the fee is nominal as it is not sale.

Until loan is cleared bank doesn't handover the documents to u. To change khata for deceased lrsdoesn't cost much.it is procedure which the title passes to legal successors. So u contact concerned authorities the fee is nominal as it is not sale.

If it is agricultural land then approach revenue authorities if it is non agricultural land then Panchayat office or nagara sabe

U have to submit Gtree requisition letter Xerox copy or certified copy of land documents

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register