LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ayush Mishra   11 May 2019

Either or Surviour Joint Account

I have a either or surviour joint account with my father. Whom does the money belongs legally after the death of my father, its belongs to me(Surviour) completely or it belongs to all the legal hiers equally. Could anyone please clear on this with legal perspective.

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 May 2019

In case your father has not executed any will in your favour stating such bank name, account, the money belongs to all his legal heirs.  You are just a trustee for all other legal heirs.  There is no legal perspective involved as it is not your own money and money belongs to your father and every one of his legal heirs are entitled for such share as you are entitled.

Members can not state as to whom the money belongs to, it has to be decided by your father's legal heirs and your claim that it is your entire money.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 May 2019

In case your father has not executed any will in your favour stating such bank name, account, the money belongs to all his legal heirs.  You are just a trustee for all other legal heirs.  There is no legal perspective involved as it is not your own money and money belongs to your father and every one of his legal heirs are entitled for such share as you are entitled.

Members can not state as to whom the money belongs to, it has to be decided by your father's legal heirs and your claim that it is your entire money.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register