Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rakesh (none)     16 May 2019

Need a lawyer who can work on commission basis

hi 

i have written  a  hindi movie scriptt since a long time .. it was completed in 2013 ..i had registered it with swa..i have fwd the scriptt to lot of people for consideration .. i still havent found a producer for it so its still unmade.. now a  south indian movie was just released last year which had similar theme to my scriptt ,, they copied the basic concept of the story only that .. so i could like to file a case against them .. since i dont have any money .. i would like the lawyer to fight my case on commission basis meaning we will be suing them for X amt(its going to be a good amt) and if we win ,you can keep 10% of the amt won and if we lose than nothing so if you are ok with offer the do get in touch asap .. thanks rakesh 9967258166    

Learning

6 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     17 May 2019

what is the proof that the scriptt was written by you and the same was copied?

rakesh (none)     17 May 2019

as i have mentioned earlier that i had registered the scriptt in my name  with writers association in mumbai and also i have sent it   to some prominent directors at that time .. so the court can cross check with them n also ask writers asso to send a copy 

It seems that you are residing at Mumbai. If your's is a genuine one issue legal notice to the producer who copied the story and claim the amount which you are thinking, the loss to you.

hi , thank you  for your advice ..also u had asked me how do we know that he copied .. well his movie is already made n released last year .. its available on youtube .. i will send my scriptt  which was written iin 2013.. you can read the scriptt and then watch the movie and decide for yourself that he has copied or not .. 

i dont think anybody in india these days, gives money just by issuing a notice .. and also if i issue a notice i have to file a case within 30 days if i am not mistaken .. since i dont have money to hire a lawyer .. i am trying this route  

According to my opinion if you want to set the law into motion or to start any legal action legal notice is a must. if you dont want to give any legal notice atleast a notice from you is must.

yes sir, totally agree with you .. i know that we have to start by giving a notice which in alll probability he is going to deny all allegations .. so then i will have to register/file the case .. if i dont have a lawyer then how will i fight a case .. that's why i am trying to find a lawyer first who is in or willing to come to mumbai  on the terms and condition stated above  and ready to fight .. the moment any lawyer  agrees to my t&c .. i will immediately send the notice 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register