Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kell R   29 April 2019

Termination of manager - compensation and rights

Hi

I was working for a company for more than 1 and half year in Karnataka. Recently, I received Termination letter from the company surprisingly without mentioning any specific reason for termination. 

What I can think of the reason would be that on 18/04/2019 which was the voting day, the company did not declare holiday as per Section 135B(1) in The Representation of the People Act, 1951, so I opposed the same and went for Voting. 

Another reason I can think of is they hired a person with lower package so they terminated my job.

Upon getting email of the Termination letter from the company, I tried to speak to the Director/Owner of the company who avoided talking to me. So far these people have not clarified any reason for terminating my employment.

At the time of joining, in the email they confirmed that the contract will be for 2 years and with 2 months notice and they will provide me the joining letter with the same terms, but on the very first day of joining, they provided the joining letter with 3 months contract and 3 months notice.

This company does not follow the rules applicable as per The Karnataka Shops and Establishment Act at all.

I would really appreciate if someone can suggest me the action I can take against the company and the compensation I can get from the company.

Thanks

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register