LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jayshree Shah   14 April 2019

Rent not accepted by landlord for April to Sept 2019

I'm the legal heir of the deceased tenant, my mother.ive been staying with my mother since my husband died in 1983. My mother and I stayed in the same house for last 36 years.My mother was bedridden since last 14-15 years and I took care of all her needs, food, medicines, doctors, cartakers etc. Both were senior citizens n widows.

We used to pay monthly rent on three months basis and are up-to-date in paying our rent through postal money order. My mother expired on 27 Feb 2019 at the age of 94years.

My monthly rent was paid till March 2019 by money order. At the end of March I sent my money order for 6 months to my landlord (son of original landlady who expired few years ago), but he did not accept the money order and it was returned to me. In the first week of April 2019, I again sent 6 months money order for my rent from April to September 2019, but it was not accepted and returned to me. I have the rental money order receipts from the post office.

Under such circumstances what should the tenant's legal heir (daughter) do. What are the consequences when rent is not accepted, inspite of I want to pay the rent. 

Please help.
Kolkata, West Bengal, India

Learning

4 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     14 April 2019

It appears that your landlord wants to project you as defaulter and trying to vaccate you from the premises. You can approach the Dist Legal Services Authority for redressal of your grievance.

Shashi Dhara   14 April 2019

Wait what he will do in future with refused mo reciepts for evidence.

Jayshree Shah   14 April 2019

Thank you for your concern to my problem. I'm a widow staying alone. I have health and knee problems which restricts my mobility. I'm unable to approach legal services. I'm frightened of being evicted inspite of wanting to pay my monthly house rent. I tried to pay for April to September 2019, but house rent was not accepted by landlord. Please help.

Shashi Dhara   14 April 2019

If he goes to court u deposit it in court with help of humanitarian advocate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register