LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

parthi   11 April 2019

Dispute between me and my father

Hi, I am 31 year old woman and born with two elder brothers to my mother. My mother died in an accident when I was 15 and my father remarried and got one son to his second wife. Now my father wants to donate his properties to every one but not on equal basis. Being a woman, I will get only small portion and the rest is being given to my own brothers, my step brother and my step mother.when I checked with my dad regarding such partiality while donating his properties, he told this is how his relatives did in the past. All his properties were earned by him and claims he can do as per his wish. I heard he would require my signature in all the deed documents for donating his property to us and my father is also asking me to sign while executing the deeds. My question is if I dont agree to sign, can my father still donate as per his wish. How to get my deserved share in this case.

Learning

3 Replies

Shashi Dhara   11 April 2019

If it was ancestral property u have equal share but if it is self acquired property u have no rights Ur sign is also not necessary..u say that Ur mother died in accident if any accident compensation or any insurance then u and Ur brothers will have equal share and right over it .Ur father cannot deny it u HV right over Ur mother's ornaments or gold etc .

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 April 2019

An individual that is having self-acquired property can deal with that as per his wish and can donate even to a person on street or temple or to any lady, and no one can obstruct him, as he is having such legal rights.   You expect charity from him and you are not having any rights as you have informed that those properties or self-acquired.  Win him with your love and affection without complaining of his second marriage etc.  Your father at that age wants a peaceful retirement life, maybe a married daughter with her own family have her constraints.  Never complain and be polite and get recognition through your service to him at that age.

Nikita Parekh   13 April 2019

Parthi you can share/inbox your email for further communication

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register