Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ranjit   06 April 2019

Chs committee membership

Dear Sirs

I am Mr.Ranjit and am a Committee Member of my CHS. We are headed for elections and there is another member who has filed a case against the Society, regarding a Parking issue, the matter which is up for hearing in the CHS COURT. 

Now that member is desirous of standing for elections in the CHS. Is he eligible to stand for Committee Membershuip, though he has filed a case, which is still being heard in court. If not can you please help me under which section his elibigility is not valid.

Regards : Ranjit

Learning

6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 April 2019

Go through bye-laws that state disqualification.  According to me, the case was filed in that member's capacity in the office and the charge is parking, and the court has not decided and declared a verdict and till the violation is established, he is not guilty of such violation in his official discharge of duties.

There is a disqualification for the member and it is the committee that is conducting and to be more specific the sub-registrar who conducts the process of elections has to disqualify him stating the rule and regulation under which his nomination is rejected.

There is no such possible law disqualifying him from contesting the society elections and reason for rejection of his nomination.

Ranjit   07 April 2019

Sir, just a clarification. The member who has filed the case, is not a member of the existing committee nor ever was a member of the Committee. Now since the case is on, he wants to stand for the election. In this case , can he stand for elections

Ranjit   07 April 2019

Sir, just a clarification. The member who has filed the case, is not a member of the existing committee nor ever was a member of the Committee. Now since the case is on, he wants to stand for the election. In this case , can he stand for elections

Ranjit   07 April 2019

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     07 April 2019

He has a legal right to stand for election, as he continues to be a member of the Society.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 April 2019

Any member in Society can file Nomination for election for Committee, and it is for the scrutinizing committee to decide his disqualification if any as stated in bye laws.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register