LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

phani raparthy   01 April 2019

Election duty

My wife has reveived an order to attend election duty 2019.she is asked to attend for trining on 4th april 2019.
She is a 6 months pregnant woman.
how can she be exempted from Election duties.

i saw on internet that as per document no 23 para 3.4.3 of election rule book pregnant and lactating women are exempted from election duties. if that were true what is the procedure for doing so.

we had already spoje witj returning officer but she is reluctant in aswering my questions about pregnant woman and threaten8ng us with court notice and suspension order if my wife doesnot attend the duty.

Please guide us further

Learning

7 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 April 2019

Concession for election duty to pregnant woman,physical challenge person employees in Telangana state is given.

phani raparthy   01 April 2019

can you please quote the circular no or proceedings

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     01 April 2019

Dear queriest,  The Head(Employer) of the office of your wife, while sending the list of employees working under his contorl shall note against the remarks column that she (your wife) is pregnant lady request for exemption.  Now you shall meet the District Collector concerned in person and appraise the situation.  The District Collector may be given exemption from election duty.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 April 2019

She may apply to Chief Election Commissioner with medical documents through her Head of Department for exemption.

1 Like

phani raparthy   02 April 2019

Thank you for your prompt advice but the head of the department i s denying his responsibilty and asking us to directly meet thek returning officer or collector and the concern office is 45 km from my residence .They say i should also take my wife along for making the request

can a district collector or Returning officer allot duty in other than their district?

I am asking this because the place of work and duty allotted both are from different districts.Due to miscommunication in area of work this happened. There is one kakateeyanagar in uppal area and also in mehdipatnam area of Hyderabad. due to mis understanding order was given to my wife working in kakateeyanagar mehdipatnam branch by medchal malkajgiri people thinking that the branch is ib their jurisdiction but actually falls under hyderabad.when we met GHMC officials they suggestex to ignore the election order but didnot acknowledged in writing.
Even in the order copy branch adress and contact no are mentioned wrong.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register