LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Misconduct and theft by a lawyer

I had appointed a Criminal Lawyer to represent me in the District CMM court in mumbai against a false case filed against me and my father. The lawyer agreed for the case with fees till full dismissal for a sum of 50000 rs, however there is a civil litigation (partition suit and interim orders on Notice of motion) in the high court as well for which the criminal lawyer told me some part (interim order) of the civil litigation has bearing on the criminal case and suggested the same needs to be quashed, he told me that he would recommend a counsel who would do the needful for a sum of 300000 (3 lakh rupees), which he agreed to do in part trench of 100000 (1 lakh before civil hearing), 50000(50 thousand) on getting the injuction and the remnaining after the civil suit is over. When i asked the criminal lawyer to make me meet him and discuss the issue, he said he is a known counsel and is trustworthy, i agreed to pay the sum of 100000 to the counsel, however the criminal lawyer pressed that the payment to be done to him and he would do the payment to the counsel, he also refused to share the number of the counsel with me, after the payment of money the criminal lawyer kept me in guise that the civil case in progressing, however i couldnt see any progress, when one day i contacted the counsel (got his number on internet), i got to know the counsel never got any payment and he never studied the case, once my criminal lawyer came to know about it, he got furious and and told me how dare i call up the counsel. the criminal lawyer has taken my 50000 for the criminal case and which he never finished more over he has kept my 100000(1 lakh) which is not rightfully his. kindly help, with lawyers practicing in bar council

Learning

2 Replies

monojeetchakraborty   28 March 2019

file a cheating case with the local police station and make a complaint before the bar council

(Guest)

This is extremly unfortunate and a breach of trust and good faith. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register