LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AKSHAY (Owner)     14 March 2019

Power of attorney

1) The Owner of any property can give " Power of Attorney " to how many people?

2) After giving the " Power of Attorney " to someone ( in which it is written the holder has the right to  sell the property ) , Can the owner sell his/her property ?

3) Does the Actual owner has any right in the propery, After giving " Power of Attorney " to Someone?

Learning

6 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     14 March 2019

Dear queriest 1. there is no objection to appoint agents bust suggestable to a maximum of 5. (2) After giving POA, the owner has every right to sell his property, then the POA agent may sell the remaining extent. (3) Yes. Owner has right and he can cancel the POA at any time.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     15 March 2019

Agent cannot execute POA.

AKSHAY (Owner)     15 March 2019

The query is suppose I have given Power of Attorney to Mr X for my property. ( And in Power of Attorney, I have written that Mr X can sell the property ) . Can I sell the property without informing Mr X.

AKSHAY (Owner)     15 March 2019

Thanks a lot ....

Umar   05 June 2019

Answer for First Question – Yes, The Owner can give Power of attorney as many as he want. And kavksatyanarayana sir I have not seen any provision that the owner can give the power of attorney only/upto 5 persons. Is there any provision, Please guide me.

Answer for Second Question – Yes, The owner himself can sell his/her property

Answer for Third Question – Yes, Owner himself is in actual legal Power. Actual owner can sale Property, Cancel Power of Attorney, Mortgage his property etc.

Umar   05 June 2019

Its a part of interpretation of that Power of Attorney. If any Point interprets that the Power of Attorney Holder can sale the property without knowledge of the owner then Power of attorney can do so

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register