Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

OBC non creamy layer

I belong to OBC non creamy layer category, before marriage I had non creamy layer certificate as my father economic condition was not good. But I had inter cast marriage and my husband belongs to SC category, and he economically well settled. My concern is whether can I still avail the the non creamy layer certificate by fathers side to apply for government job under reservation non creamy layer OBC category.

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 March 2019

Members are not competent to advise you.

Remember that NCLC has to be updated as per requirement in the Advertisement/notification.

You have to inform facts both in your application for employment and to Tehasildar for updating the income certificate.

If you state as married your spouse income has to be clubbed as per norms.

You can not state that you are unmarried as it amounts to suppression of facts to derive a benefit.

If you can convince the Tehasildar and if the Tehasildar can issue such certificate after marriage based on the income of your parents, the certificate is valid.

It is the decision of Tehasildar finally either to issue such latest certificate or cancel the certificate after receiving your latest renewal application.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 March 2019

Your NCLC status needs to be assessed based on your current status of being married to a an economically well settled person. In this context, it is irrelevant that he belongs to SC community.

1 Like

Lodh_rekha lodh_rekha@gmail.co   01 March 2019

Thank u so much to all Sir's for your replies. Special thanks to Prasad sir for putting more clearity in subject.

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     02 March 2019

1. You shall still be treatred as a candidated from OBC NCL category based on the status of your father.

2. Your marrying a person from SC with higher financial earnings will not change your aforesaid OBC NCL status.

Lodh_rekha lodh_rekha@gmail.co   06 March 2019

I have genuinely asked this question before applying at tehsil because I was not even know whether I am eligible to apply for that in my situation.Thank you...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register