Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rashee (AM-HR)     04 June 2010

Ex-employer refused for Releiving even after holding salary

Dear All,

7 months ago I resigned on zero day notice from a company on the day just before the salary transfer in account. Hence I could not claim the salary for the month. Now when I am just asking for releiving letter from the company they are saying that I have been absent and I will have to pay 1 months salary.

First I was not the confirmed employee they did not give any letter.

Second in appointment letter notice period is of 15 days.

Third I am not even claiming the one month salary I just want smooth exit.

Can a company legally hold 1 month salary or Releiving letter?

Please advice on this as I need Releiving letter or if they will not give the releiving letter then I would like to claim the salary which the upholded.

Can I take any legal action for the same?

Friends please guide regarding this??

Regards

Rashee

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

Relieving letter and holding of one month salary are two distinct aspects. Getting relieving letter is your legal right, so you can fight legally.

Rashee (AM-HR)     06 June 2010

Dear Mr. Rao,

Thanks for replying. Please tell me how to proceed with this. Is it a very lengthy & expensive process.

Regards

Rashee

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     07 June 2010

pls check my answer regarding the sanctity of a relieving letter in a related query, this evening

vasudevan

Rashee (AM-HR)     08 June 2010

Dear Mr Vasudevan,

Thanks for your reply. Please tell me if I can claim for my 1 month salary which they with hold for not serving the notice before resigning. As per appointment letter my notice period was of 15 days. can they hold the salary of whole month.

Regards

Rashee

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register