LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pavan   25 February 2019

My brother want to redivide property after 20 years

My father had 25 acres of farm land. My bother got 10 acres wetland and i got 15 acres dry land. I got 5 acres more as mine was a dry land. The property was divided and registered 20 years ago. Recently because of appreciation of land rates, my brother moved to court to divide the property again such that we both get 12.5 acres. Does court honor his request?

Learning

4 Replies

TGK REDDI   26 February 2019

It's not possible.

Shashi Dhara   26 February 2019

As the partition deed is registered it is impossible. But land value is sky rocket. So miracle may happen on advocates kai chalaka.be careful .u pledge Ur land and secure heavy loan on that property.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 February 2019

Mere filing of a partition suit (As court fees are nominal) is only as a threat and derive a benefit of compromise.  Partition can also be oral and if you are enjoying the property for over 20 years and the revenue records are in your name and both the brothers are in good terms and living close, the case can not succeed.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 February 2019

Please file RTI Application and seek certified copies of those documents basing on which your brother has mutated his property in his name and it will certainly be helpful in your case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register