Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

J. Gopinath (Freelance writer)     27 February 2019

Is official liquidator coming under rti act?

I have invested Rs.1,00,000/- in FD in Micro Technologies, Mumbai, vide their FDR LF No.4053, dated 14.07.2013. 
The company stopped paying interest and went into liquidation.  I had sent 3 letters to the Official Liquidator, appointed for the company, but none of them was replied, nor my FD Amount refunded till date.

I would like to know whether Official Liquidator comes under the RTI Act.  If yes, should I send a letter to the Central Public Information Officer in Mumbai or to the Official Liquidator, Micro Technologies, Mumbai, seeking the refund status of my FD Amount under RTI Act.

What is the court fee stamp value, should I affix on my letter? 

Thanks for your guidance in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

Sharma Twinkle Manojkumar (Student)     28 February 2019

Official Liquidator is a public servant appointed by the Central Government as his salary and allowances are paid by it and office expenses are also borne from the government budget. All receipts to the Office of the Official Liquidator are credited to the Government account. Official Liquidator working under different high court are "public authorities" under RTI and are under obligation to provide details to information seeker. This is ruled by central information commision. 

J. Gopinath (Freelance writer)     01 March 2019

Thank you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register