LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abdullah   18 February 2019

Eviction of shop

Dear sir/ma'am, i have shop in rural area, i am running my business through this shop from 1993, there is no agreement between me and the landlord because we know each other personally, i was paying rent to him in cash. Unfortunately landlord was died last year and the property is divided between his sons now these day they want me to vacant the shop because they want to reconstruct the building, its seems that his intention is not good he want me to vacate the shop and wants to allot the shop to another one because of prime location of my shop. sir/ma'am my shop is very old and established shop in the market i am confused what shod i do please suggest me.

Learning

4 Replies

Shashi Dhara   18 February 2019

As a tenant u have right to continue but u have not made any written agriment or rent paid receipts.so u sit with well wishers who wishes good for both come to contractual agriment. Which is safe in future.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     19 February 2019

Consult an Advocate in the matter immediately in your own interests.

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     19 February 2019

You say that you are running the shop from 1993- that means from about 24 years you are in the shop with no proof of rent, no agreement and non objected till now...that amounts to advrse possesion; You have a better title and the only thing  you have to prove is that yoyu are there peacfully from more than two decades.You must be having the water tax bills, electricity bills etc.

Your shop is registerd in any office ? if area  come  under municipal limits ,you have muncipality registration number.

Just handle the situation carefully- contact a senior lawyer with practice to deal in such matters, they cannot evict for the reason for not having the agreement or else. Just your neighour shops or people should testify in your favour. Your old customers can be good evidance also ..

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     19 February 2019

You say that you are running the shop from 1993- that means from about 24 years you are in the shop with no proof of rent, no agreement and non objected till now...that amounts to advrse possesion; You have a better title and the only thing  you have to prove is that yoyu are there peacfully from more than two decades.You must be having the water tax bills, electricity bills etc.

Your shop is registerd in any office ? if area  come  under municipal limits ,you have muncipality registration number.

Just handle the situation carefully- contact a senior lawyer with practice to deal in such matters, they cannot evict for the reason for not having the agreement or else. Just your neighour shops or people should testify in your favour. Your old customers can be good evidance also ..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register