LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasad (Security)     11 February 2019

Documents

My mother expired in 2016. my mother had post office TD depoists and savings account in city A (own home station) . After my father retired from service in 1987 we all moved to father home station City B ( father house in same district and 20km away from CityA). when nominees approached post office , post master says address on pass book is of city A and address on death certificate is of city B( fathers home station.0 it is known well that ladies after marriage resides along with husband only in any of city where husband stays. post masster refused payment to nominee and insisted to prove same person ( mother address on pass book is of city A and death certificate is city B are same person.) rRequest advice

Learning

6 Replies

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     11 February 2019

Apply for the succession certificate for the amount with Post Office, they have to pay what belongs to you as heirs of decesed.

Shashi Dhara   11 February 2019

If nominee is named how can he refuse.it is not his duty then why shud nominee be named..if no nominee is named then he has right to refuse but now he has no right to refuse.these sarkari Babu's are still in ice age.u complaint to higher authority.

Shashi Dhara   11 February 2019

Even today they give silly reasons and show that they r still sarkari Babu's.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     11 February 2019

she can prove her identity by submitting ID proof say Aadhar card, Pan card, voter ID etc. Since a valid noimination exists the PM cannot refuse to make the payment. She can complain to PMG.

Prasad (Security)     12 February 2019

sir,

mother expired in 2016. problem is payment to nominees as address on death certificate is of city B ( after my father retired from govt service mother and kids settled in father homestation ), and address on pass book is of city A ( her born place, native etc ). depoist is held now in city A

Prasad (Security)     12 February 2019

sir, mother expired in 2016. problem is payment to nominees as address on death certificate is of city B ( after my father retired from govt service mother and kids settled in father homestation ), and address on pass book is of city A ( her born place, native etc ). depoist is held now in city A   in same district nd same state

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register