LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Smita bora   06 February 2019

punishment under such act

nearly since 4 months my sister in law is mentally torturing me along with my brother..is there any procedure to prevent them n and can a case be filled against them

thank you

Learning

5 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     07 February 2019

What's your age? If you're more than 18 years and working, not dependent on your brother why you live in same household with them? The act of domestic violence can be pleaded and complaint against them for DV be filled if you're living in domestic relations in common household, but if you're of age of majority and not dependent on them, you have to move out and live independently.

What's your age? If you're more than 18 years and working, not dependent on your brother why you live in same household with them? The act of domestic violence can be pleaded and complaint against them for DV be filled if you're living in domestic relations in common shared household, but if you're of age of majority and not dependent on them, you have to move out and live independently.

What's your age? If you're more than 18 years and working, not dependent on your brother why you live in same household with them? The act of domestic violence can be pleaded and complaint against them for DV be filled if you're living in domestic relations in common shared household, but if you're of age of majority and not dependent on them, you have to move out and live independently.

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 February 2019

Yes, DV Act can provide you the remedy. However, it depends upon the facts and circumstances.

Smita bora   09 February 2019

thank you so much

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register