Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Araon (PVT)     23 January 2019

Wife filed separate case in two different courts (places)

Hi All,

I have filed a Divorce case on Cruelty & desertion in family court Bangalore. She left marital home after 4 months of marriage.

I had waited for 2.5 yrs but she dint turn up & efforts for bringing her back was not fruitful. She wanted to live in a separate house w/o my father.( MOM is no more with us, passed away prior to marriage). 

She filed RCR in Vaniyambadi Civil Court with all false allegations, after me filing for divorce.  Mediation in Bangalore court failed - Alimony requested was huge we rejected the offer.

Now she has filed Maintenance case under sec  CrPc125 in Tirupur court which is around 30 kms from Vaniyambadi. This is just to harass me intentionally.

I'm a working guy & it would be difficult for me to attend all the cases...

Please help me out what best can be done in the above case.....

Learning

4 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     23 January 2019

Engage local advocate for representing you in the court. You need not be present in person on all dates and will easily get exemption form personal appearance. You have fight out the maintenance case and best defense is her own income and ability to earn her livihood.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     23 January 2019

Engage local advocate for representing you in the court. You need not be present in person on all dates and will easily get exemption form personal appearance. You have fight out the maintenance case and best defense is her own income and ability to earn her livelihood.

Rahul Araon (PVT)     23 January 2019

Thank u for the reply..

She can apply both the case in one single court at one place but she has not done that. Can we take this as evidence of cruelty/ harassment & file an IA in Bangalore where i have filed for Divorce. Will it help me in making my petition stroner??

Moreover, she has deserted me & after 2.10 yrs she is filing for maintenance now.  That too after me filing for Divorce first.

(Guest)

She can file case in any court if she fullfilling legal requirements you can't stop her, its her legal right.

she has deserted me  "But RCR petition is filed by her which is opposite to ur statement"

& after 2.10 yrs she is filing for maintenance now
That is her legal right to get maintenance from her husband.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register