LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jonny   23 January 2019

Annulment of marriage and future problems associated with it

I am foreign citizen and i was married to a girl in india 8 years ago. However she never came to live with me in foreign as she was having an affair with someone else and she wanted me to pay her hefty sum to divorce me. After 7 years she got married with her boyfriend traditionally without court marriage and without obtaining divorce or annulment from me. Legally she is still married with me but tradtionaly she is married to someone else. She did this very smartly so that if i come in future to india then they can harass me as her boyfriend/husband is also with her on this and they want money from me. Because i mentioned my marital status in foreign country i need to move on with my life as well and get legally seperated so that i can marry someone else as well in india. I want to know what should be the right approach of doing this ? I can't go to india as i know they will harass me even though she is married to someone else. I don't have any pending cases (125, 406, 498, DV) on me and all cases are either withdrawn or dismissed by court. 

I am planning to file an annullment abroad as i don't want to get involved with any legal hassle in india. I know whatever i do in foreign country may not be valid in india but honestly i have big threat in india with my ex-relatives. I want to know what if i file an annullment in USA ? Can she create any problem for me even though she is married with someone else ? I have proof that she is married with someone else traditonally but i am also afraid that they may file IPC 420 or maintenance case on me unnecessarily. Does she have any right on filing any criminal cases or even maintenance case on me even for the fact that she has committed bigamy by marrying someone else ? The reason i don't want to file divorce in USA is because i know whe will immediately run to court in india and ask for maintenance for the time period that she spent being my wife legally. I feel like the right way for me is to file annullment and not divorce as i don't intend to pay my ex any settlement amount. I would appreciate if someone can shed some light on my queries and provide me with some crucial information.

Learning

1 Replies

Shashi Dhara   23 January 2019

U first collect evidence of her second marriage with valid proof and then afterwards file divorce petition thru eminent family advocate and take divorce easily with out maintenance As she had married she looses right of maintenance. U collect her 2nd marraaige evidence thru private detectives they collect evidence and submit to u and charge fees for it

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register