Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swati Dewangan   20 January 2019

Passport related

Hello all,
My name is Rahul, from allahabad
two years ago a fake case of s*xual harassment was lodged against me in court, but police never arrested me and after investigation IO found its a fake case so, police submitted a closer report to the court, now the thing is that the final report is yet to be accepted by the honourable court, judge has not accepted it, And now I need a passport so applied for the same so I want to know that can I get passport or not due to that pending case,
and in case if I will be needing a permission from court for passport kindly advise me how to apply for for that permission, and what will be the format of letter, and who I need to contact to I mean Magistrate or any agency, I am really very confused kindly help me, bcoz if police report will be adverse it will create problem for me to get passport.
thanks in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     20 January 2019

Whether Rahul and Swati Dewangan are one and the same person ???

Wait till final disposal of the case.

Consult your lawyer for better appreciation of facts and guidance.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     20 January 2019

You can apply for the passport even without any order from the court but the police report will mention about the pending criminal complaint case against you till you get acquitted by the court and that will prevent you passport for long term basis of 10 years as is done in normal cases, you may be given passport for a year for traveling outside India.

Swati Dewangan   20 January 2019

Thank you all thank you so much
just one more thing, so I don't need to take permission from court to get passport I can simply apply for it??

what if police report would be adverse??

or can I get passport coz police has already submitted closure report, and I am not required anymore for hearing as of now?

kindly advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register