Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Varun   18 January 2019

Non acceptance of resignation

Respected Sir/Madam,

I work with a Professional Services(Business Consulting) company in Bangalore. I submitted my resignation via email (email is the main communication tool for such purpose) to my manager along with copy to the entire HR team of my company on 26-Dec-2018. As mandated by my Employment Letter, I am expected to serve '1-Month' notice period. Therefore, in my resignation email communication, I communicated the same to the managers and HR team and informed them that I will serve till 31-Jan-2019 (the total days served works to more than 30 days of notice).

However, since I submitted my resignation officially, the company has not officially accepted my resignation as well as confirmed on the last working day that I had informed them. In my discussion with the manager as well as the HR head, they requested that I extend my last working day by 15 days. However, I politely told them that I cannot do so, as my next joining date is immedeate.

I wanted an opinion in such matters, with regards to options avaialble for me to take a legal recourse. My main concern is that the current company may delay in issuance of the experience letter and the service letter, which I need to submit to my next employer.

I kindly request the knowledgable members of this forum to kindly advice.

Anticpating your feedback and suggestions.

Regards

Varun

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register