LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

V.R RAJENDRA KUMAR (PROFESSOR)     22 December 2018

KATHA conversion and property selling

My father was a hindu had a ancestoral property in Tamil Nadu and he sold it long time back in 1980s and brought a land in bangalore and invested some money from his earnings and constructed a house in bangalore. But my father died on 18th August, 2017 at the age of 95 years before his death he has made an agreement with his neighbour to sell property to them for Rs 3 crores. This agreement was not told to me or to my brother and we did not had any information on this. But after my father's death I went to revenue office at that time we came to know about this deal through the Encumbrance certificate. Know the neighbour is asking to transfer the khata to his name and lawyer Notice was served by him to us. Telling us that he made a advance payment of 1cr in multiple times amounts some through cheque and some through cash.

Know me and my brother want to make joint khata and hold the possession of land in our names.

1.My question is since encumbrance certificate is showing the name of neighbour. How to transfer the khata in our joint names

2. Can we sell the property to other third party becoz neighbour and my father has cheated us and not informed about the
DEAL

WHAT IS THE SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLEM?

Learning

10 Replies

manoj   22 December 2018

As per your query your father already sold the property to your neighbors through agreement of sale, firstly  you have to find out whether it is agreement of sale or agreement of sale with possession.  Secondly  you have to observe whether it is registered agreement or not.  Thirdly you have to see whether the Signatures belongs to your deceased father or not.

If the agreement is True :- It is your duty to get it registered by taking balance money from the agreement holder, since your father was executed the agreement when he was alive, he took the advance money from the party. Some interest is created on the agreement holder by taking advance money by your father on agreement holder. It is my advise you complete the transaction by taking the balance money. Even if your father is alive till now, he would do the same

If the agreement is False:- If you find that the agreement was not executed by your deceased father, if the said agreement is forgery, take immediate Criminal Action against your neighbors for cheating and forgery.    

THE ROCKING LAWYER

V E MANOJ KUMAR

ADVOCATE

CELL NO 8686159292

manoj   22 December 2018

your second question is completely showing your conduct. You are saying, your father cheated you. If his soul see your message, he would be very happy for his death because of his great sons.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 December 2018

Don't worry about mutation for the present, as mutation can neither confer or take away rights of legal owners.  If you are in physical possession enjoy it and safeguard your possession.  Face the litigation and let that specific performance suit be filed by purchaser and defend it as advised by experts above.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 December 2018

Is neighbor willing to take back advance paid+ some amount?

Are you willing for such recourse?

Actual property value is around 6 crores after my and my brother's marriage we vacates to different place for sake of work and we use to visit our father house once in a week but neighbour who is a real estate contractor took advantage of our absence and made a deal with father for 3 crores which was not made known to us

Actual property value is around 6 crores after my and my brother's marriage we vacates to different place for sake of work and we use to visit our father house once in a week but neighbour who is a real estate contractor took advantage of our absence and made a deal with father for 3 crores which was not made known to us

Shashi Dhara   22 December 2018

U tell that Ur father's age was 95at the time of his death Then what is urs age. Have u crossed 60 yrs .if u have issues then must crossed 25yrs. What is the dimension

In which area it is situated.what were u doing with such aged parent.u have not sisters.if u have they will also get equal share.

In which area it is situated.what were u doing with such aged parent.u have not sisters.if u have they will also get equal share.

In which area it is situated.what were u doing with such aged parent.u have not sisters.if u have they will also get equal share. If he goes to court it takes decades to finish.so u issue legal notice to him that property is ancestral property &it is not binding on Ur shares. If he wants he has to pay at present rate i.e 6croresif he pays it we will execute let he goes to court

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register