LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RANJAN   17 December 2018

Cash misappropriation

I am working in a public sector bank as Manager. Previously I was working as branch head in a branch. One day, cashier X at lunch break, given the key to another clerk Y and told that he will come after lunch. Cashier X didn�t inform me anything. After lunch break, I was sitting in my Cabin and doing some loan work. There is some 15 ft distance between my cabin and Cashier cabin and I can see through glass window. I can see cashier head while sitting at my cabin. Officer�s seat is between Cashier X cabin and another clerk Y seat. After the lunch break, cashier X didn�t come. Then clerk Y entered the cash counter but he didn�t ask me. He asked to officer before going to cash counter. Clerk Y started doing cash transactions without counting the previous cash of Cashier X. In evening he got cash shortage of Rs 3.5 lakh. Then Clerk Y informed me about cash shortage. After vigilance inquiry, they made Cashier X accountable for shortage as there is some evidence against him. Now my HO has sent one show cause notice to me. 1. That I failed to notice the absence of Cashier X after lunch break 2. I failed to ensure that when clerk Y started doing cash work, he didn�t tally Cashier X cash. Cashier X didn�t inform me about leaving. After lunch I was busy in loan work in my cabin. Clerk Y didn�t ask me before going to Cash counter. It was the duty of Clerk Y to tally the cash of Cashier X before mixing his cash. Bank has asked to show cause within 10 days as why disciplinary action should not be taken against me.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register