LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suraj Kumar (Manager)     05 December 2018

Section 24 HMA

Sir, I have filed divorce case against wife. However maintenance is granted u/s 24 HMA. I did not pay any amount as the court did not hear my prayer for speedy trial as mentioned in section 21B (ii) HMA. Can I pray before court to pass any order either divorce or judicial separation and the maintenance amount due will be paid after final order.

Learning

4 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     05 December 2018

Dear querist,

You cannot force court to run there business as per your whim.

Maintenance is right of your wife you must pay it if not full at least part of it in order to avoid further problem for yourself.

Court can stay all your case till you dnt clear arrear of maintenance.

Although it hurts to pay a person who betray you but we are bound with the process of law.

Regards

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

Shashi Dhara   05 December 2018

It is court don't think it is as eating banana by removing it's skin and throwing into mouth and swallowing.it is not speedy trail as Ur wishes. Be careful about proceedings.it is only interim maintenance .u have to pay itafter lengthy trail the court will decide. Be patience.

Sachin (N.A)     05 December 2018

Originally posted by : SUBRATA HALDAR
Sir,
I have filed divorce case against wife. However maintenance is granted u/s 24 HMA.

I did not pay any amount as the court did not hear my prayer for speedy trial as mentioned in section 21B (ii) HMA.

Can I pray before court to pass any order either divorce or judicial separation and the maintenance amount due will be paid after final order.

If you don;t want to pay interim maintenance. You should have not file the case of divorce. Because court will always allow interim maintenance first before proceeding further.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 December 2018

You can benefit from above.

Your own counsel must have already guided you.

You have received inputs in other threads also e.g;

“Maintenance not paid”

“125 crpc”

Which spouse you are; husband or wife!

The perspectives and approach can be decided best by your own counsel that knows the facts of the all matters/cases that you are facing. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register