LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Namy Namrata   07 November 2018

Harassed by Traffic police

I was going through the wrong route which I admit as my mistake. The traffic police said if you show your license then he can allow me to go. I had recently qualified my driving license test and I haven't received my card yet. But I have my driving license number which I have got as message from RTO. The police man without listening to me took out my keys and started loading my vehicle to truck. I explained everything to him that I haven't got my license still he took 500 rupees as fine. If the checking is going on he should also take care of all the travellers going through the wrong route but he let go others without even notice but was not ready even to listen to me and made me stand helpless and had no respect in his eyes.

Learning

7 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     07 November 2018

place of incident?

Namy Namrata   07 November 2018

Bhubaneswar, Odisha

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 November 2018

Even ignorance of the law is not permitted.

You have specifically admitted that you are traveling on the wrong route.

I am not aware as to what is "mistake" according to you.

As there is the violation, in spite of your having or not having the valid license at that time the offense is punishable.

Overlooking others by Police is not an exemption to an offender.   Because many are escaping doing murders, one can not legalize saying that so and so committed a murder and so exonerate my argument is not sound.

You have committed a traffic violation and paid the penalty...that is simple and proper.

Namy Namrata   08 November 2018

That's the problem in our country we ignore most and punish least ones....who cares the least. If most of them will be punished for the same then the mistakes will never be repeated. But unluckily those are punished who ones in their lifetime do the mistake. And other thing the children of ministers and police officers are always welcome to go through the wrong side because they are legally privileged to do the mistakes for which they will never be penalized. But those of students who are Sacrificing themselves under govt institutions for better jobs having limited amount of money are penalized without even listening to their explaination. So this country will always be in developing and not developed.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 November 2018

This may at the most sound as opinions as explanation/justifications for an individual violating simple traffic laws and paying penalty to a Govt., but these can not be laws.  Those who violate laid down rules always blames others and Government ignoring what is he as individual done for the country and during that incient in specific, as he is not innocent.  Most innocents are book and languishing in jails for decades, the sympathy if any must go to them and not to those student who ride  vehicles on wrong side and lament inside that they are not sons of big shots.  Because my father has not given me enough, or because I am not earning good salary I can not Commit robberies and blame the country comparing my self with mallayas.

My problem is they should also follow what they said as officials. They told us to give our license and they will let us go but after showing that also they denied and infront of us they are letting someone else go by checking their license which was clearly unfair for me. And am not blaming the country and am just so done with the what the officers are doing and that is clearly visible. If you would have been in my place in the same incident you could have felt the same. It depends how the incident happened to and how you see it. At the very moment I was right at my place and being penalized with such huge amount was obviously unfair for me.

My problem is they should also follow what they said as officials. They told us to give our license and they will let us go but after showing that also they denied and infront of us they are letting someone else go by checking their license which was clearly unfair for me. And am not blaming the country and am just so done with the what the officers are doing and that is clearly visible. If you would have been in my place in the same incident you could have felt the same. It depends how the incident happened to and how you see it. At the very moment I was right at my place and being penalized with such huge amount was obviously unfair for me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register