LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal Patel   02 November 2018

bank fraud

i am officer of iob and while working in mandvi branch i have comitted fraud of rs 11 lacs by taking money from inoperative / dormant accounts. so on 30 8 2018 bank has suspended me for inquiry. now on 1 11 2018 i have received letter from the bank for the explanation. i have paid 11.50 lacs to the bank on 28.8.18. now my question is whether bank will file FIR in this regard and if file then how can i save my self. i am having one year old son having problem in his heart and for mainly his treatment i have commited this fraud. now in 15 day i have to give the answer please someone guide me in this regard.

Learning

14 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     03 November 2018

Banks have standardised rules as to how to handle fraud cases. Police case is to be filed and depending upon the amount of fraud, matter shall be referred to CBI. Please approach your Union or Association who may help you.

Vishal Patel   03 November 2018

ok sir thank you

so i cant stop bank for doing police complaint?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 November 2018

You have lost all scopes and all doors to you were closed as of now.  The bank has to act as per laid down norms, and in case of criminal nature of complaints, bank can not tolerate even few rupees shortage in Despatch stamps/cash.

As suggested by our experts, contact your association for diluting the case and let off with a minor punishment.   The charge of cheating, criminal breach of trust is serious in case of bank officials in general and PSU in particular.

By repaying the money, you have not only admitted but locked yourself and given the key to them.  However as you have repaid the entire amount, they may show some sympathy to you but not certain.

Even if a pickpocket returns the purse, one can not say that there is no theft.

ok sir thank you

so what if i commit suicide whether bank will harrase my family?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 November 2018

In case of criminal complaints, action will be taken against alleged person only when the crime is proved which may take years together.  Never do that Bank can never harass your family members, you will be subjecting your family to miserable circumstances.  Suicide is never a solution.  You can certainly get a private job in a place like Mumbai with your bank experience.   The repentence and paying back the amount shows that you are not basically a crook.  Do not think of that, and there are very good HRD officials, that can sympathise with you, and dilute the case.  Never forget about your association and the office bearers can certainly help you in opening a new chapter in your life.

At the cost of repetition, Mumbai is a place that can even accommodate terrorists and smugglers and you have done a mistake, repented, corrected the mistake and you can certainly start your own business.  Living in Mumbai is not difficult if you are really hardworking. Losing a job is not misery.  Never permit negative thoughts and open a new chapter with confidence.

Vishal Patel   04 November 2018

but sir my main fear is police complaint.
I talked to my association also but they also not sure that whether bank will file FIR or not but they told me that you have to be prepare for that. so instead of going jail and putting my family in same i think suicide is better option. I was working in mumbai only. from last 5 years. I am not afraid of hard working if bank will leave me with only termination and not lodge FIR then i am sure that i ll do something much better in my life but FIR i cant take. so please sir let me know charges they can frame and the punishment court can give. I have also in written admitted my fraud after paying entire amount.

and whether any lawer can save me from this ??

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     04 November 2018

You can contact advocate and can take anticipatory bail.  The criminal complaint lodged against a customer for fraud in 1998 at Chembur has not come up for hearing, and you can easily guess that it takes minimum of 20 years, as hearing at lower court and appeal etc are open to you.  Select an advocate that is having close links to police.  (The important thing is as to whether customer has filed complaint against you in the bank, if the complaint is withdrawn then the case may not be complicated).  Don't worry, in Mumbai this is common but never feel that this post is encouraging fraudulent employee,  now that you have repaid entire amount and expressed regrets, to avoid further damage to you and your family through this unfortunate incident, advice is being given to you that you can come out.  Once you get good job, slowly you can forget about the night mare and before taking any decision think of your family first.  Have control on your emotions and do not react.  If you can shift, shift your present resident to some other place in Mumbai under due intimation to your employer.

no customer has filed any complaint regarding this. even till date bank has not filed any FIR. but sir u can also undertand what will be effect on my family if FIR will happen. so please guide me if i can stop FIR

Vishal Patel   06 November 2018

sir please tell me that in howmuch time bank has to file FIR? and if FIR has been filled in howmuch time i will be arrested?
i am asking this because i want to make necessary arrangements fir my family coz if i ll go to jail there is no one in my family who is earning
please sir advise me

Vishal Patel   10 November 2018

sir anyone please reply

Vishal Patel   23 November 2018

sir please any one give reply to my query.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register