LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ms sl   27 October 2018

My rental agreement (in bangalore)had expired 2 years back

Hi i was a tenant and moved into house in june 2015 with rent agreement for 11 months and paid 6 months rent as deposit. Interestingly the owner didnt give me the original agreement paper and gave only zerox and i didnt bother to ask as i trusted him. And house wasn't newly painted, and wasnt even clean (we had to clean), the rent agreement had a clause, that it had been newly painted and i had to pay one month rent extra at the time of leaving for paint charges and have to inform 2 months before leaving. And eventhough rent agreement was for 11 months, i lived there for 3 years. Even though i have left the home on october 7, 2018 (i had informed them about leaving home on 20th august) , i have to pay rent till october 20th. I have no problem with that. Thing is that now owner is not giving my deposit back, he is finding excuses like you have left home on october 7, and have to pay till november 7. Even i agreed for paying paint charges(1 month rent) though it wasn't painted when i moved in. During our tenure also he didnt help us in anyway when there was any problem or water shortage. Now since he is delaying to give my deposit back, what legal action can i take? Can i deny him painting charges too ?

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     27 October 2018

Serve legal notice to landlord for recovery of money.

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     27 October 2018

Serve legal notice to landlord for recovery of money.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register