Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhinav   03 September 2018

regarding dual degree

Respected sir , 
I started to pursue engineering in session 2014-17 through lateral entry after diploma.in 2015 I have taken admission in ignou for 3 year b.a. program having session 2018.but in jan 2017 I discontinued my b.tech due to financial issue and hence not get the degree.but completed b.a. course in 2018 successfully .recently I came to know that according to ugc it is not valid to do 2 degrees at the same time either from regular or distant mode.can this provision effect my b.a degree validity.? if it is so then I have not completed my b.tech sir and I also become unable to use my b.a degree.plz help me sir and give your legal advice so that I can feel the relief.thank you

Learning

6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 September 2018

As you have discontinued B.Tech, this issue is not all relevant in your case.  The issue is doing two courses regular /correspondence during same time in one academic year.

can it create problem sir in near future if I got any government job on the basis of b.a. degree as I have not completed b.tech so I can never show the b.tech degree anywhere.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 September 2018

The employer verifies the prescribed qualifications documents alone, unless the candidate in his over anxiety to boast states of discontinuing B.Tech as additional qualification or achievement, no one cares and even if some one raises through complaint, except University no one is competent to take action against such employee.  The maximum even University can also do is seeking explanation, verifying the facts, and cancelling one in the dual degree and nothing else.  Learning is not a criminal offence.

but sir I have never completed the b.tech degree only I have distant mode b.a. degree from ignou

but sir if I am not boasting about my discontinued b.tech degree and some one complains about doing b.tech (regular) and b.a distance together then how my degree can be cancelled since I have discontinued the regular b.tech and not holding degree.i am left with only b.a.plz reply sir

can discontinued b.tech degree can be considered as a qualification??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register