Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vivek   25 July 2018

My wife threatens me of filing dowry case(verbally).

Hi My wife threatens me of filing dowry case(Verbally). Her cruelty has reached the highest level possible. What shall i do? How can I safeguard myself and my family against any kind of arrest? 

Total Marriage: 5 years.family/relative Counseling: Multiple, no use

Learning

4 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     25 July 2018

If you have enough material to prove of her cruelty, then why dont you file the divorce petition, than allowing her to go on threaten you?

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     25 July 2018

Ask her for ending the troublesome marriage. You both can go for divorce by mutual consent and end the marriage that will be in benefit of both parties. The issues relating to child custody if any, permanent alimony and maintenance, issue relating to jointly owned property etc can be worked out and settled before presenting joint petition for divorce by mutual consent in the Family Court. If your wife not agreeing for this proposal then move out of the matrimonial home and start living separately from her before taking any other legal step.

TGK REDDI   25 July 2018

Humans are fond of misusing laws.

A similar case is about Women and Scheduled Castes.     Everyone threatens that they will use Atrocities on Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Women.

Supreme Court beautifully puts this thus:

Women began to use laws as weapons, not shields.

Every offence can't be proved; can't be disproved either.

Trust is also something.

(Guest)

Trust used to be something.  But barking dogs never bite? Some bite they say eeew...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register