Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karan   11 July 2018

If fir is filed against me for car damage

Hi,

1 week back, I hit a parked car in the parking area. It was very dark and I couldnt see flower pots and to avoid those I swerved and hit the car. There were minor damages to the car - rear view mirror broken, dent in the side, scratches on alloy wheel.

Now, I spoke to the affected car owner and told him to claim insurance and whatever the difference in amount = (actual repairs - insurance recovery) + No claim bonus will be compensated by me. The owner is not agreeing to this and wants me to pay the full amount. As per my insurance provider(Chola MS), the affected acr owner can file FIR.

Now, My question:

1. How serious is this complaint for me? How does it affect my future employment?

2. Do I need a lawyer? If yes, What are the typical expenses in this?

3. I found out that the fine if I plead guilty in court is 1500-2000 rs. AND the vicitim's insurance provider pays the damages( due to knock-to-knock agreement).

Also, are there any damages that I will have to pay out of my pocket apart from what insurance will pay?

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     11 July 2018

The third party here is any third person. . Under your third party insurance, a third party can file a claim for compensation for injury, death, property damage caused by your car. The case for claiming compensation under third party will be filed against you and your insurer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register