Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kishor   30 June 2018

Need marriage certificate for my parents urgently

sir,

I am looking for the Marriage Certificate of my Parents , Who got married in 1962 in Mumbai Dadar  , My Father passed away in 2007 , My Mother is alive.  I have 2 queries , 

1 :-  My Mother does not remember if the Marriage was Registered in the court , If it was Registered , How and where can I look or search or request for a copy. 

2: If the marriage was not registered or I cannot locate the original record in the System , How can my Mother get a official document from Govt of India that they were Married?? , Now that my Father is no more .

We have all the records like Ration Card , Passport of my Mother with spouse name of my Father , My Passport and my Bothers & Sisters  pssport  with my Fathers name , Same on the birth certificate etc..

The reason for the Request is I have applied  in the  Embassy and they are requesting the Marriage Cerrificate of my Parents and no other document like my birth Certificate or Passport or Marriage photo is considered . They need a Document from Govt of India stating my Parents were married.

I would be highly obliged if you can give me some solution.

Kishor

Learning

3 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     30 June 2018

The whole matter appears quite strange to me.

Pl. indicate whether the Embassy that you are talking about is within India or outside?

Whether you are applying directly or through some Agents?

Have the Embassy has given anything in writing asking for the Marriage Certificate of your parents, or they have told you orally?

2 Like

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     30 June 2018

Yes countries do ask for marriage certificate from registrar of marriages in India as valid proof of marriage. You cannot argue with them as other than marriage certificate they'll not consider other documents as stated by you as proof of marriage. More over they are not bound by Indian court order in this regard if told to consider other documents like passport, Aadhar, marriage photographs as proof of marriage by the Indian court even if you get it. After the death of your father the marriage registration will not be possible because both parties are supposed to sign the marriage registrar along with all other required documents as well the marriage certificate, now that all is not possible.
1 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     02 July 2018

This problems is prevailing through out India. Various authorities like, army, navy, airforce and educational institutions etc, give direcions for productions of marriage certificate of parents, which virtually does not exist in 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and even 2000s in most of the states in many parts of India. In some state even SMA virtually does not exist and family court procedures is not well established. In such legal scenario, those authorities demanding marriage certificates of parents should approach the issue with some relaxation with humanistic approach. I am of the view that central government should address this issue looming at large through out india.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register