LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul   27 June 2018

Indians marrying in england

I and my wife are Indian. We have married in England. We live in India. Can I divorce my wife in UK court?

Learning

10 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     29 June 2018

Yes you can go in for divorce in UK as well in India. UK divorce will cost you more as lawyers there charge exuberant fees while here in India you can hire bunch of lawyers for half that fees.

Rahul   29 June 2018

If I obtain the citizenship of UK, then is there any need of divorce?

Rahul   29 June 2018

I mean can I marry someone from UK, if I obtain UK citizenship because divorce will be contested one.

So what if divorce is contested, you must get the first marriage dissolved before you marry second time otherwise you'll be committing offence of bigamy.

Rahul   29 June 2018

i have heard it takes a long time to get divorce in India. Is there a short way to get divorced?

Get divorce in UK for UK marriage it will take less time there, only more money will be spent.

Get divorce in UK for UK marriage it will take less time there, only more money will be spent.

Otherwise go in for divorce by mutual consent with your wife if she agree, in India under the Foreign Marriage Act,1969 for English marriage. You may have to pay good financial compensation to your wife to make her agree for divorce. In any case money you have to spend, getting free of cost legal consultancy here doesn't mean you'll get divorce free of cost.

Rahul   29 June 2018

money is not an issue. I can spend money to get freedom quickly.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     11 November 2018

It is now 4 months. Have you got divorce, in India or in England?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register