LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ujjwal Sharma   11 May 2018

help to Sumone

hello sir I want to help sumone a friend is this possible in your law in such a way that I'm safe and secure no harm is done to me as that guy doesn't have a good public image which I know very well kindly help.me out in such that my life is totally safe and secure in this bec I'm not indulged in it but threat of life is sumwho getting in my Mind kindly help me out🙏🙏regards

Learning

1 Replies

Vanshika Kapoor   08 June 2018

To understand your case, you first need to be aware about what Summons are.

A summon is a legal document that is issued by a Court on a person involved in a legal proceeding. When a legal action is taken against a person or when any person is required to appear in the court as a witness in a proceeding, to call upon such person and ensure his presence on the given date of the proceeding, summons are served.

A summon is served when a suit has been initiated by the plaintiff against the defendant, the court directs to issue summons to the defendant as this ensures a fair trail. If the summons are not duly served then no action can be taken against the defendant.

Thus, you cannot issue the summon yourself, only the Court can summon a person on an ongoing proceeding.

For Further information about Summons, do check our artice below:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/articles/Service-of-summon-what-how-and-why--4472.asp

But in your case, if you are interested, then you can lodge the FIR in concerned police station against the person who you fell threatened of. And if you have any messages or recordings of that person that prove that he is threatening your Right of Life then you have to submit those to the police officers while filing the FIR so that it makes the entire legal process more strong. 

You can take proper legal action against that person under Section 503 of the Indian Penal Code and he will be punishable for threatening your life under Section 506 of IPC.

Punishment for criminal intimidation:

Whoever commits, the offence of criminal intimidation shall be punished with imprisonment of either descriptttion for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both.

According to 503 of IPC:

Whoever threatens another with any injury to the person, reputation or property, or to the person or reputation of any one in whom that person or reputation of any person in whom that person is interested, with intent to cause alarm to that person is interested with intent to cause alarm to that person to do any act which he is not legally bound to do, or to omit to do any act which that person is legally entitiled to do, as the means of avoiding the execution of such threat, commits criminal intimidation. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register