LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gokila   14 May 2018

To file bigamy case

Sir, My husband got second marriage without my knowledge and running family in his house.. i am living in my mother's house with my son. I came to know the matter through death notice of my mother-in-law in which they had given someone's name as my husband's wife.. So can i file bigamy case and is this proof is enough?other than this i have some photos also where they have taken together(but not marriage photo)... Thank u, kindly do the favor....

Learning

2 Replies

Helping Hand ! (Advocate )     14 May 2018

Proof you have got is insufficient to prove bigamy. It is not easy to prove bigamy.  What is the actual matter. You should explain in full.  Marriage is all about leading adjusted life in order to stay happy.  Maybe your version is true. If husband has moved on, there should be some reason behind it. Filing bigamy case is easy, but if you fail to prove your charges, then you will have problems.

(Guest)

Its very difficult to prove bigamy in court. Your husband would need to show that he has divorced you prior to his marriage with his second wife on the day of marriage..If your husband has an Indian passport bearing your endorsed name, your child automatically gets exempted from police clearance procedure.

Filing a bigamy case is very easy. However burden of proving all allegations lie on you. In the event you fail to prove the charges, you may land yourself in trouble, as stated by my Ld. Friend @Helping Hand!.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register