LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

B RAMESH   28 April 2018

partition of huf

mine hindu family. (telangana). my dad, me and my brother are members. iam govt employee. my dad n my brother are looking after all properties (agriculture lands). my dad has 5 acres anicental property. and purchased 1.5 acre in 2000. later my brother got martied in 2004. my brother claiming that that property is purchase by his dowry amount so it is his property. i got married in 2010. i received 4.5 lakh as dowry and gave to my brother. again in 2012 we purchased 2 acres. i gave 2 lakh money for acquiring this property. my brother claiming that this is also his property as he purchased with his income. if i file a case for partition how much land i will get as my share.

Learning

6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 April 2018

You can get equal share of entire property 5 + 1.5 + 2  with class 1 legal heirs of your father.  The presumption is that the undivided property belongs to all legal heirs equally.  Those who claimed that as his own must establish before court that it is purchased with self acquired money.

You being a Government servant can not claim that you have taken dowry and purchased the land with that illegal amount.

Contact a local advocate and get the issu solved amicably as partition suits take not less than 10 years and it is very difficult to produce records before the court to show that the property was acquired with separate income in case of public servants.

There is no mention of your father and his will if any or those proofs and in whose name the property stands as of now.  It is very difficult to guide on these sensitive information in open forum.

Being a Govt. Servant avoid making self defeating statements as posts in open forum.  Contact a sincere advocate and trust him and his advice.

B RAMESH   28 April 2018

my brother is claiming that he purchased it with dowry and it is own propedowry A. 2.5 acres in my name as per govt records B.3.5 in my father name as per govt records C.1.5 acre in my brothe name as per govt records purchased in year 2000 my brother claiming that purchased with his dowry. D. 2 acres in my brothe name he is showing stamp paper that purchase is his own. iam saying that we share equally

B RAMESH   28 April 2018

my brother is claiming that he purchased it with dowry and it is own propedowry A. 2.5 acres in my name as per govt records B.3.5 in my father name as per govt records C.1.5 acre in my brothe name as per govt records purchased in year 2000 my brother claiming that purchased with his dowry. D. 2 acres in my brothe name he is showing stamp paper that purchase is his own. iam saying that we share equally

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     28 April 2018

Please inform the following:

1.  Property inherited from your grand father and the property purchased by your father both are in his (father's)name.
  2.  Subseuqnet purchase of land also in the name of Father
  3. When further land was purchased by your father and other land mentioned by you, whether in the sale deed it was noted as Hindu Undivided Family?

B RAMESH   28 April 2018

inherite properties are in my name and my father name. purchased properties are in my brother name. no mention of HUF IN stamp paper unregistered

B RAMESH   28 April 2018

inherite properties are in my name and my father name. purchased properties are in my brother name. no mention of HUF IN stamp paper unregistered

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register