Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish   16 April 2018

Landlord is not accepting rent since last six months

Respected Sir/Madam,
I have a query regarding pagdi shop my dad owns.my dad from last 1 year is not feeling well and doesn't visit shop and it remains closed .i visit sometime and keep shop open for a while.my landlord keeps telling if you don't want to run the shop give it back to me and also says that we have given the shop on rent when my dad's brother was handling the shop when Dad was ill..she is not accepting the rent from past six months and shouts Everytime we visit her..what should be my next step,is the provision of depositing rent in court still available?
thanks in advance

Learning

5 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     16 April 2018

You can deposit rent in her bank account and retain deposit receipt for you ready reference or you can handover DD to her.

Ashish   16 April 2018

she is not accepting the DD..also since the rent was paid in cash against the receipt till now we don't have her bank details. she is also not giving the receipts..saying I need the shop back

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     16 April 2018

Contact me at 9456777600

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     16 April 2018

Please go on send month by month the agreed amount of rent through MONEY ORDER.

If the money order is not accepted and received back, that is good enough.  Go on keep the receipt back of returned money orders for each month.  SHE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPLAIN THAT YOU HAVE NOT PAID THE RENT.  THAT IS A VERY GOOD AND COURT ACCEPTABLE DEFENCE FOR YOU.

Ashish   16 April 2018

Thanks Deepak and Ramachandran ,I will try these things and hope that it works in my favour

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register