LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi Sinha   22 March 2018

Right of director without signing authority

Sir, I am a director of a construction private Ltd company but I am not in a signing position anywhere, I have given right to our Managing director to sign in bank or other places like registry office, I want to know what is my right as a director of company if I feel something is wrong in our company. Once more thing, I have given right only for 5 years which has been completed but MD is not aware of this.
Pls help me.
Thanks
Ravi Sinha

Learning

4 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     22 March 2018

Call for board of directors meeting and implement your right as director to inform the board the wrong being committed in the affairs of the company. The signing power given by you to MD has come to an end after 5 years and what will be next step in this respect too can be discussed and worked out in the meeting of the board.

Ravi Sinha   22 March 2018

Thanks for your valuable advice sir, I will follow your instructions but one more thing want to share you, in our company we are three person, two directors including me and one sharer only, our MD with 60 %, rest equally 20 - 20 %. Pls suggest in AGM I can take dission on behalf of company or not, and is it possible to stop payment right of MD Pls lastly provide your valuable suggestions, Once again thank you very much Sir Regards Ravi

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     24 March 2018

In AGM you can press your point of view but you cannot get it passed because you lack sufficient shareholding. Rest a mutual agreement between all can always resolve the issue amicably even for minor shareholders their point is taken in consideration.

Ravi Sinha   24 March 2018

Thank you very much Sir,, You are helping without any interest, once again, Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register