LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikram Singh (web- developer)     20 March 2018

Dd hold and refund after 1 year

respected all, i have given a demand draft to a company on jan-2017, but after few weeks the company was banned by some legal issue, my demand drat which was submit to that company is still not withdraw / cashed as on mar-2018. please advice me what i have to do to get my money refunded.. i already complaint to bank but they are saying that the refund can be done by presenting the original demand draft. please seuggest me what i have to do..

Learning

6 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     20 March 2018

Sir, 

For what purpose the demand draft was issued .... 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

https://kapilchandna.legal/

1 Like

Vikram Singh (web- developer)     20 March 2018

Sir,  it  was  for some online jobs/  

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     20 March 2018

The DD is in the name of the Company. The Company is the rightful owner of the DD.  You cannot ask for its refund as you are not in possession of the DD anymore.

It is for the company to encash the DD or not.  

If you have any grievance that after having received the DD from you, the company has not fulfilled its obligations towards you, then you have to take legal action / police complaint against the company.  You cannot ask the bank to refund the DD money to you.   

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 March 2018

The company has perfumed said some online jobs for you or not?

Has company communicated in writing that IT has not received said DD or lost said DD?

Why have you been waiting for 1Y?

If your rights are infringed upon then without giving long rope to company Act decisively or later limitation may stare at you!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 March 2018

Same Query;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Demand-draft-refund-675986.asp

You could have posted same facts in both threads in intiial posts itself..

T.SRINIVASULU   20 March 2018

U can give a complaint stating all facts to the authority of bank if it failes to respond then approach Banking Ombudsmen u will get back amount against DD, if necessary by Indemnity Bond

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register